Here at Hughes and Hughes Family Dentistry, this is what you can expect during your child’s first visit to the dentist.
First, we will look at your child’s
- General health
- Special medical needs
- Prior dental treatment if your child is older than 1 year old and has been seen elsewhere
- Habits like thumb sucking, nail biting, and lip sucking that affect teeth
so we can make an informed, individual dental health plan for your child.
Next, we will
- Get to know your child and make him or her feel comfortable
- Check for telltale stains and tooth decay
- Share dental hygiene tips and information about caring for baby teeth
- Look for proper growth/eruption of teeth through the gum, spacing, and alignment
- Propose a treatment plan, if necessary
Finally, we will take time to answer your questions.
If your baby is approaching that all-important first birthday or your older child has never had dental care, give us a call. If cost is a concern, we offer payment plans, interest-free financing through Care Credit, and treatment in affordable stages.