Adults who choose Invisalign Orthodontics often do so to improve their confidence and their appearance. This is especially true when
- They are self-conscious about their smile
- They spend their days interacting with customers
- Their professional success is based on outward appearance
- They want to look younger and more attractive
- They have an upcoming reunion
- They are about to marry or be promoted
Adult Invisalign treatment usually takes about a year.
Teens who choose Invisalign are often encouraged to do so by
- A parent who has an idea of how those permanent teeth are going to develop because they look just like his/her mouth did at that age
- A dentist who knows the risks of crooked teeth and improper bites
- An oral surgeon who sees either too many teeth for such a small mouth or wisdom teeth pushing other teeth out of alignment
- Another adult in the child’s life who knows the benefits of Invisalign for boosting self-confidence, especially at a time when metal braces would cause feelings of self-worth to plummet
Treatment time varies by individual but typically takes longer than adult treatment because a teen’s teeth and jaw are maturing.