How can you prevent cavities? Start by practicing good dental hygiene. Brush after every meal and, if you are snacking all day, after every snack, too. At least once a day—ideally at bedtime—floss all the teeth you want to keep.
Eat a healthy diet, rich in
- Calcium (for strong teeth and bones)
- Citrus fruits (to prevent scurvy and other gum diseases)
- Vitamin D (to better absorb calcium)
- Fish and eggs (for phosphorus needed to produce tooth enamel)
- Fluoridated water (both the fluoride and the water are good for your teeth)
- Whole grains and bananas (for magnesium, another key to strong tooth enamel)
Schedule a dental check-up every six months. Is it time to give us a call at 610-942-3321?